AvalonBay, HIF and our awesome vendors team up for CityTeam Renovation Project!
CityTeam Youth Collective’s supportive housing program aims to prevent homelessness by providing a loving community, essential life skills, and transitional resources for youth ages 18-24, many of whom are exiting foster care. Because of the support of HIF’s amazing Corporate Champions and HIF Board Company, AvalonBay Communities and our great HIF Vendors, HIF was able to complete the following scope of work with a total market value of over $36,000 in services and materials (and an in-kind value of $32,528):
- Installed new, high impact LVP flooring throughout rooms and hallways
- Installed new baseboard throughout the facility
- Transformed the garage into a beautiful recreation space for residents including new LVP flooring, furniture, a custom built entertainment center and donated a new TV
- Donated a new grill and repaired and stained property fencing
“The work that HIF and its vendors have done has made such a big difference in the lives of the girls at the Youth Collective. They finally have a proper study area and they have a place they can get together and hang out without feeling as if it is a program but rather their home.
The new floors have helped the whole place look clean and the rugs and furniture make them feel warm and welcome and clean. These girls and I are blessed, grateful and overwhelmed knowing someone cares enough to invest in us. Thank you from all of us here at CityTeam Youth Collective.”
– Jane Marin, Program Coordinator | Youth Collective
If you know of an organization in need of volunteers or a renovation project or if you’d like to support HIF’s Renovation Program, contact HIF: email@example.com