Maitri’s Anjali Transitional Housing Program houses survivors in a safe and sheltered environment, allowing the women in the program to transition into an empowered, self-sufficient, and independent life.
Completed in Summer of 2021, this project was led by HIF board member and corporate champion, IBI. Other incredibly supportive vendors and HIF stakeholders helped IBI to complete the beautiful renovation of the Maitri shelter. These companies include: ProFloors, Varsity Painting, AquaTek, Fashion Furniture, APD Appliance, NE Electric, Golden State Lumber, Home Depot, JG Granite, Pacific Home Decor, Sherwin Williams, and Danny Gaines Photography!
ALL costs were 100% covered through in-kind donations from HIF board members and vendors, which allowed us to:
- Fully renovate kitchen and bathrooms
- Completely new interior paint, including doors
- New trim and flooring (high-impact vinyl planking)
- New electrical
- Replace all windows
- New lighting throughout
- New furniture, including bedrooms, dining room, living room, and office
- Custom-built computer workstation