We are hiring!
FUND DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
About the Housing Industry Foundation
Founded in 1989, the Housing Industry Foundation (HIF) is an ambitious, unique non-profit on a mission to provide short-term relief and long-term solutions to individuals facing homelessness in San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties. In the fight against the Bay Area’s chronic homelessness crisis, our approach is three-pronged: immediate emergency housing grants, renovation and improvement projects for non-profit housing facilities, and long-term affordable housing solutions.
HIF knows that one grant can make a world of difference. Through our collaboration with emergency service organizations, HIF funds emergency housing grants of up to $2,500 in as little as 24 hours to provide the immediate bridge funding necessary to keep individuals and families in their homes. In 2015 alone, our emergency housing fund provided almost $475,000 in one-time grants to local residents facing crisis. HIF’s housing fund is not welfare – recipients must demonstrate the ability to meet future expenses. We are Silicon Valley’s “hidden angel,” offering a lifeline after unforeseen but temporary financial setbacks arise, such as medical bills, job loss, or a death in the family.
To improve living conditions for those beyond the reach of our one-time grants, HIF also undertakes large-scale renovations for non-profit housing shelters and transitional living facilities in the Bay Area – all at zero charge. HIF leverages its deep connections within the local housing community to gain the support of industry leaders who provide additional resources, funding, and skills for our renovation projects.
Our team is passionate about our cause. Come join us!
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Fund Development Manager is responsible for developing and implementing the Strategic Fund Development Plan, coordinating special events, overseeing a new fund development department, implementing a legacy program, and the staffing of the Fund Development Committee.
- In collaboration with Executive Director, develop, implement, monitor, and evaluate the agency’s fund development plan, including fundraising budget, goals, and timelines
- Establish and recruit for a Fund Development Committee
- With Fund Development Committee and consultants, as necessary, establish and lead the implementation of a Legacy program and Endowment with goals and timelines
- Assist Board Members with development of their own network messaging
Fundraising Activities and Events
- Coordinate all special events, including annual Summit Dinner, Donor Appreciation Party, VIP Luncheon, Kickball Tournament Fundraiser, year-end Board reception, and renovation open-house events; main point of contact for solicitation, correspondence, RSVP management, logistics, and event set up and clean up
- Oversee annual renewal and new solicitation of Rod Standard Grant Program participants
- Organize Corporate Champion volunteer workdays
- Design and promote Year End Appeal/Giving Tuesday Campaign and any other crowd funding opportunities
- Oversee and/or prepare appropriate staff and board members to meet with and secure funding from foundations and corporations
- Manage the agency’s grant funding requirements, including research, writing proposals and reports, and submissions
- Develop effective working relationships with donors, volunteers, board members, and others to nurture their connection to the organization
- Develop and oversee stewardship plan for donors that includes various levels of communication, acknowledgment, and outreach, including “thank you” letters, phone calls, and in-person meetings
- Manage and continuously improve back office development operations, including maintaining donor database and training/managing users
Marketing and Communications
- Manage HIF’s on-line presence including HIF website, social media, and email newsletters
- Prepare program summaries, impact and evaluation reports, memos, and letters for internal and external publication purposes
- Solicit and prepare client testimonials and other case studies for internal and outreach purposes
- Oversee production of graphic design, marketing, and collateral materials
- Develop annual marketing and public relations plan to achieve increased levels of media exposure in local newspapers, television, social media, and/or radio
- Develop and make public presentations to community groups, acting as spokesperson for the agency
- Act as key contact and liaison with all community groups, partners, donors, foundations
- 2 or 4-year college degree
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, seeing projects through to conclusion with minimal supervision, in a fast-paced changing environment
- Extremely detail-oriented and well-organized
- Demonstrated ability as a self-starter and flexibility to work as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; demonstrated ability to write proposals and reports
- Solid project management and reporting competence
- Proven analytical and problem-solving capability
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and web applications
- Capability to relate well to public and private funders, individual contributors, board members, community leaders, volunteers and staff
- Ability to attend community activities, including a professional appearance and conduct
- Must have access to a car as local travel will be necessary
- Two years experience as a Development Director or Manager
- Some experience in social services field and/or affordable housing programs
- Experience in marketing and media relations
- Experience with eTapestry, WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, QuickBooks, Constant Contact and Microsoft Access
SCHEDULE & COMPENSATION
- Full-time Monday through Friday, Salaried position
- Schedule to be mutually agreed upon with flexibility as needed
- Salary commensurate with experience. Contact Executive Director for more specifics
- 100% of your health, vision, dental and life insurance premium paid
- 401(K) retirement plan participation opportunity with 50% match up to 10% contribution
- 12 paid holidays
- 15 PTO days
- Income tax savings with IRS Section 125 and 129 participation
- Mileage reimbursement to offsite locations
- Cell phone allowance
How to Apply
Please send your resume, cover letter, and three professional references to Executive Director Robert Freiri at Robert@hifinfo.org. This position is available for immediate hire.